Our Salvation - No Greater Love
Morning Message by our Worship Pastor Anthony Counts
Our Salvation- No Greater Love- Part II
I Peter 1:13-17
Introduction: Since no gift is greater than God’s gift of forgiveness and salvation in Jesus Christ, nothing can demand a greater response.
Today, we consider another appropriate response to our salvation.
The first was: (last weeks message)
- I. Respond with Hope
This hope is an obligatory act of the will, not merely an emotional feeling and not simply wishful thinking.
II. Respond with Holiness (14-16)
Christians ought to be different. Whether we like it or not, we have a responsibility when we profess Christ.
We will never find comfort in living unholy lives from either God or His Word.
These truths cause a constant tension in our lives:
- On one hand we desire to be like Christ.
- On the other hand, we find ourselves fighting constant spiritual battles.
- Regeneration creates a new life that has both the desire and the power to live righteously.
A. A Description of Personal Holiness
Here we see 4 characteristics of personal holiness:
- 1. You are set free from sin.
- 2. You become slaves of God.
- 3. You reap the benefit of holiness.
- 4. You enjoy the promise of eternal life.
While we cannot live sinless lives as God is sinless, nevertheless, a sinless life should be our goal.